Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Namesake

Three weeks ago, my mom made a welcome, short-notice visit to help me through my last week before returning to work full-time.  Clara was so excited to have her here, she could hardly sleep.  We went to Krazy Kids indoor playground, went shopping, and had a pajama picnic on the living room floor.  





On the last night of her visit, my dad called with news that my grandma passed away at 96.  Grandma Carlson was my namesake, and her maiden name, Eicher, is Charlie's middle name.  She always lived very close - across the street for most of my life.  I spent every morning before afternoon kindergarten and many sick days in her care at the house she shared with Grandpa.  My return to work was gladly delayed and our time with mom was gladly extended as we spent some time in Michigan to celebrate Grandma's life.  Grandma and Grandpa Carlson had a wonderful love story, and we're comforted that they are together again, but she will be greatly missed.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment